VACANCY: Book Keeper
Full Time – NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Salary circa £23,000 to £25,000
- Are you an experienced Book Keeper?
- Are you looking to work for an innovative Group of companies leading the way in their fields of expertise?
- Do you want to work for an employer where you can make a real difference and help with the growth of each company?
If the answer to these questions is yes then we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced Book Keeper to join us, to take ownership for the overall day to day financial operational management of the Mapix Group of companies which includes Mapix technologies Ltd, Routescene Inc and Trackplot Ltd.
At Mapix we specialise in LiDAR. We provide 3D LiDAR scanners, solutions and responsive customer service which enable customers to collect, manage, visualise, analyse and share high value georeferenced LiDAR data to improve commercial decisions and performance. Under our Routescene brand we also design, develop and manufacture integrated 3D mapping solutions specifically for use on drones. Our Trackplot product enables people who work alone to keep in touch wherever they are.
We are a growing Group of companies with a small, highly knowledgeable team who work closely together and have a strong team ethic where everyone shares responsibility for driving the business forward.
In this role, you will deliver excellent financial support by working closely with our Directors and Company Accountant to ensure the financial smooth running of these businesses as they grow. You will be a highly organised, process driven individual who can operate across three businesses. We work in international markets so part of your role will involve dealing with multiple currencies and HMRC audits.
Some specific responsibilities will be:
- To process purchase and sales ledger invoices and bank reconciliations weekly
- Credit control
- To provide monthly P&L and cash flow reporting
- To prepare monthly and annual management reports for the 3 businesses
- To ensure HMRC compliance across the businesses; planning to ensure all deadlines are met including monthly filing of VAT, Sales List and Intrastat
- To process monthly payroll, commission calculations and pension
- To process expenses and credit card statements monthly
- To process year-end for all businesses in a planned and timely manner
- Team timesheet management
- To manage and process grants
- To manage stock cash flow
To be successful in the role, you will have a proven track record in bookkeeping, meticulous attention to detail, the ability to work unsupervised, be highly organised and analytical.
Experience with the following is also essential:
- Experience with desktop and online accounting packages in particular using Zero
- Payroll experience
- Multi currency experience
- A good knowledge of double entry book keeping
- Cloud based CRM
Due to the financial responsibilities of this role any job offer is subject to a compliant Disclosure Scotland report. AAT, IAB or ICB certificate preferred would be ideal but not essential as would previous experience of working with a growing SME.