Premium customer service
We love to deliver superb customer care. We apply our experience and expertise in 3D LiDAR technology, quality control, import and export, product testing, management of faults and repairs, LiDAR software to provide a premium service to each customer. Our customers value our knowledge, our responsiveness and our reliability.
Your Mapix customer service contact
Working with Mapix you’ll be refreshed by our approach. We have a dedicated and experienced customer service and sales administrator, Antonia Nixon, who has Europe-wide experience in logistics, processes and service delivery.
Antonia’s remit is to support our customers. Antonia works thoroughly and efficiently to expedite orders and deliver timely customer support.
Our premium service includes as standard:
- We want your LiDAR sensor to reach you in perfect condition. We test and Quality Control every single LiDAR sensor prior to shipping to our customers in the UK, Ireland and Benelux, to ensure no defects or damage in transit
- Technical support and advice on all things LiDAR, based on our 10+ years experience
- 1 hour free software integration support and advice
- Credit terms for regular customers (subject to credit checks)
- Stock management and shipment of units according to a delivery schedule – we update you throughout the ordering and fulfilment process
- We keep stock of the most popular Velodyne LiDAR sensors, which reduces lead times for you so your project stays on track
Also included is our RMA service:
- Support and inspection of LiDAR sensors returned on RMA. To minimise effort for our customers, we operate a thorough and streamlined RMA handling process:
- The Velodyne scenario: the Velodyne RMA agreement specifies that the customer ships any RMA units directly to them in the USA, at the customer’s cost; and Velodyne pays the return freight. The customer has to deal with bringing the goods back in the country which could incur further costs and double payment of duty and VAT.
- The Mapix premium service reduces your time and costs spent on RMAs:
- We handle all shipping to the USA; the customer ships to Mapix (in the UK) at your cost, Mapix pays for the cost of shipping and insurance across the Atlantic.
- On receipt of your RMA unit we check it over. We can identify issues which we highlight to Velodyne to accelerate the repair process. Sometimes we are able to identify and solve the issue without having to send it to Velodyne, so you get your unit back even quicker.
- Mapix will liaise with Velodyne during the RMA process and keep you posted of progress.
- Mapix deal with HM Customs for the both the export and import processing. We deal with HM Customs regularly and take that hassle and distraction away from you.
Further services on offer include:
- Service to reterminate the cable without voiding the Velodyne warranty (this is at a fee).